Saturday, December 22, 2012

Mitten Shaped Card

I was so touched by a sweet card I found on Lydia Walker's Blog this week.  She made a card for the Word Art Wednesday Challenge Blog and she used the word "gloves" to describe what I always called "mittens" as a child.  I shared my crazy story with her on her blog, talked with my Mom that day, and then decided I just had to make a "Mitten Card" of my own.  Thanks for the inspiration, Lydia!  I free-handed this shape, then made a card base from Ivory Cardstock from The Kraft Outlet,  and here's what I came up with:
I made this cardd with the following challenges in mind:

http://www.craftspotbykimberly.blogspot.com/2012/12/monday-challenge-80-christmas-shaped.html - My Craft Spot by Kimberly - Monday Challenge #80 - Christmas-Shaped Cards and Projects

http://www.simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.com/2012/12/simon-says-merry-christmas.html - Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog - Simon Says Merry Christmas!

http://www.pileitonchallenge.blogspot.com/2012/12/mid-challenge-reminder-pio-49-pile-on.html - Pile It On Challenge Blog - Challenge #49 - Pile On The Embellishments

http://theribbonreelchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/challenge-43-nordic-noel.html - The Ribbon Reel Challenge Blog - Challenge #43 - Nordic Noel

http://www.twistoffaithcards.blogspot.com/2012/12/16-christmas.html - Twist of Faith Cards - Challenge #16 - Christmas

http://www.toptiptuesday.blogspot.com/2012/12/challenge-92-anything-christmas-theme.html - Top Tip Tuesday Challenge Blog - Challenge #92 - Anything Christmas Theme.  And here's my "Top Tip"...when you don't have a die-cut for a particular image (as I didn't for this mitten card), simple free-hand the shape and then hand-cut your own card by leaving a common seam on one edge of the card (where it will fold) when you draw it.  This creates a shaped card without having to purchase an expensive die-cut.

http://blog.ribboncarousel.com/2012/12/rcc75-holiday-spirit.html - The Ribbon Carousel Challenge Blog - Challenge #75 - Holiday Spirit

http://theprettylittleribbonshop.blogspot.com/2012/12/december-challenge-17-its-christmas.html - The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop - December Challenge #17 - It's Christmas

Thanks for your visit today.  It's always so nice to have you stop by to say hello, and I look forward to visiting your blogs as well!

Blessings,
Karen

14 comments:

  1. This is a delight Karen - love the wee die cut behind the sentiment.
    Christmas blessings to you and yours
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Top Tip, Karen....but you obviously haven't seen my freehand drawings....hahaa!
    Your mitten is a delight....and, yep...it's a mitten to me, too....and the little details are fun! Thanks for linking up with our challenge at Twist of Faith....it's always such a pleasure to have you with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job on that Mitten Card - very colorful and beautiful too! Thanks for leaving such sweet comments on my blog -you encourage and inspire me to keep on keeping on! Merry CHRISTmas ~ Gail ~

    Thanks for entering your card in Twist of Faith Challenge too! We love it when you join us! God Bless you - Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, Karen!
    Well...I have a LOT of experience with both mittens and gloves. You've created a mitten! Gloves are the ones with fingers! We wear one or the other for MONTHS! lol...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loooove this, Karen! Pretty pattern paper and embellishments! Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous shaped card! LOVE those pretty colors! Thanks so much for joining in with My Craft Spot this week!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute, Karen! I wish you and your family a Merry and Blessed Christmas! Thank you for blessing me this year with your encouraging words! Blessings! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a gorgeous Christmas card and so cute.
    Thanks for joining us this week and Merry Christmas from everyone at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your mitten shape card -- Lovely colors, they look like a country Christmas to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen, this is just beautiful! LOVE the fabulous patterned paper you used and all your embellishments are just wonderful, as always! Merry Christmas to you and your and a happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun shaped card! The pattern paper is beautiful and I love the added trim! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous shaped card, karen!
    Thanks for joining us at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this xx thank you so much for sharing your story with me and your mention of me on your blog- this really means a lot xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabolous mitten shaped card. Love the design with the snowflakes and bling. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck.Hope to see you back tuesday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.