Friday, July 5, 2013

Smiles...3 for 25 Cents

Well, my bloggy friends, let me just say that I am having a wonderful vacation.  I praise God for all the blessings in my life, and having this special time with my BFF of 40+ years to scrapbook, go antiquing, hit estate sales and just enjoy one another's company has been SUCH a blessing to me.  And...I still have a bit more time here before I head up north to spend ten days with my parents, brother and extended family.  What a blessing!  My dear hubby, Darren, has been visiting me here and then between hitting the cabin, helping his Mom with projects, and having fun of his own.  Praise God that he has a good job that gives him this much time each year, and that supports my habits.  God is SO GOOD, and I am grateful that my hubby is able to keep reloading my account with money.  I've found so many goodies.  I hope to take a picture of them all before I pack up so that I can share a picture (here on my blog) of everything I've bought thus far.  Let me just say it again, GOD IS GOOD.....PRAISE HIS NAME!!!  I am so blessed, and I don't take any of it for granted.
This is another card that I made with my BFF, Patti.  As always, hers turned out slightly different than mine.  Actually, on this one, I think hers is cuter.   I used background of MME patterned paper, some October Afternoon patterned papers, a doily cut using a PTI doily die-cut, a flower cut from wool felt using a Die-Namics die-cut, a Tim Holtz Memo Pin from The Kraft Outlet, some Prima lace trim, a Basic Grey wooden button with baker's twine in the center, some cork polka dot Making Memories letters (for smile), some hand-cut and sewn felt leaves, a vintage cream doily, some October Afternoon word stickers (happiness, memories and good times), and machine stitching.
 
I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
 
Basic Grey Challenge Blog - Challenge #97 - No Stamped Images - I didn't use any stamped images.  And the Basic Grey item I used is that ADORABLE wooden button in the center of my flower (the package says Basic Grey Clippings).  Super cute set of six wooden buttons from Basic Grey!
 
Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog - Patriotic - Since my card is primarily red, white and blue and because I made it on the 4th of July (and I love sharing smiles on the 4th of July and everyday at any price), I'm sharing this card in the challenge here.

Simon Says Stamp & Show Vintage Challenge Blog - Anything Goes

Mark's Finest Papers Sketch With a Twist - Challenge #53 - Sketch (I followed this week's sketch)
 
I hope you're all having a very blessed summer, and a great week.  Thanks for stopping by. And don't forget to stop by and share your art with us in this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes and we would enjoy having you play along!
 
Blessings to you all,
Karen

15 comments:

  1. This is truly wonderful Karen! I'm so glad that you're so enjoying your time this summer! Beautiful card! I just adore all the layers you've put together! Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous holiday you are being blessed with :-). Love the rich colours you have used on your card!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. woow so many lovely DP and great flower Karen and I love the color combo...awesome card as always dear Karen..hope to see you on my blog...big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Karen! Looking forward to seeing what treasures you've purchased.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Karen - keep having that happy vacation! We are in the process of planning some vacation time - God Bless and safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOPS Meant to say Lovely card too and I think you should post a picture of your friends creation so we can see what she created. Hint, Hint - I am going to my corner now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ce que c'est joli, tu sais si bien assembler les éléments ensemble pour donner un très bel effet, biz

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautifully put together. I love the rustic, romantic feel of this card and I love the words you've chosen for it. This card's got such a positive vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card. It reminds me of those vintage signs you sometimes see in antique shops. I too would love to see your friend's card. I always find it so fun to play with the same supplies with a friend and see how the end results can be so totally different. Enjoy the rest of your vacation and I'm so glad you were able to join us this week on Sketch with a Twist.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous layering of trims and embellishments. Beautiful card. Glad you joined us at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, wow Karen! This is amazing!! Totally me!! I love it!! Fab work my friend!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty card!! Thanks for entering SWAT and sorry I didn't get to leave you a comment sooner!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous!! I love all the layers and texture! Thanks for playing along with us at BG Challenges xx Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Many congrats Karen. You have won our challenge over at BasicGrey Challenges. Could you please email us so we can explain how you claim your prize !

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A worthy winner - a beautiful card and I love the sale of smiles! Jx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.