Sunday, August 14, 2016

You're My Star

Early this morning, I stopped by the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge Blog.  I always love to see their inspiration photo and all the adorable samples made by their talented Design Team.  This week's inspiration is "Shine Bright Like a Diamond".  But as I told my blog friend and Cupcake Inspirations DT Member, Birgit, I don't own ANY diamond stamps or anything of the sort.  So I knew I would have to think WAY outside the box on this one.  I don't even have any stamps about diamonds or stars (or anything that sparkles...LOL).  SO....my sentiment is a series of Melissa Frances rub-ons that I pieced together to say "You're My Star & Inspiration".  That's the best I could do, folks!  This was their inspiration photo:
I used some super sweet Bo Bunny patterned papers that I inked and pieced together following a sketch layout from this week's challenge at Sketch Saturday (super cute).  Once I had all that laid out, I added a seam binding bow, and I made a make-shift "star" out of a Maya Road chipboard piece that I painted with acrylic paint and covered in ultra-fine glitter.  That's my "star"....LOL  I placed blue pearl accent stickers in the centers of the star and the bow.  I also added pink, white and blue sequins here and there to make it shine and sparkle even more.
It was fun taking on a challenge where I really had to challenge myself to find the elements I needed.  I love the soft blues, and all the soft sweet elements.  I hope the gals at Cupcake Inspirations can understand my interpretation of the challenge...LOL
I'm linking up in these challenges, and I know they'd all love to have everyone play along!

Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #371 - Shine Bright - See my explanation on my interpretation of this challenge in the paragraphs above.  SUPER FUN!!!

Sketch Saturday Challenge Blog - Challenge #425 - Follow the sketch, and it is SUPER cute!

Pile It On Challenge Blog - Challenge #114 - Make Your Own Background - I made this background by piecing together several sweet patterned papers.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Let's Go Wild - I'm entering this card because I'm "wild" about several things here....SSS and their challenges, sequins and seam binding, and making cards for fun challenges (to name a few).  I'm wild about card-making so I'm throwing my hat in the ring so to speak.

I really am grateful to have you visit my blog, and I thank you for the sweet comments you leave for me.  Have a great week of creativity and fun.  I am grateful for every comment and every visit, and I wish you all God's richest blessings.

Karen

13 comments:

  1. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, I'm loving your beautiful card Karen! It sparkles and shines and will certainly bring a smile to someones face. Thanks for joining the Cupcake Inspirations challenge this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. How innovative you are Karen, to use the inspiration photo the way you have done, and so prettily.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Très joli, magnifiquement inspiré, biz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely busy card! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super cute, Karen. I also played along in this challenge, and I would be SO thrilled if I finally won something. I wish you luck, too of course. Your cards are always so sweet. Stopping by your blog is how I usually learn about fun challenges.
    Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty Karen! I love all of the beautiful elements you added! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I think you did a fabulous job with this challenge. : ) Everyone will find inspiration from a challenge in different ways. Your card is beautiful and I love how your "star" is so sparkly! I stopped by today because I wanted to thank you for the super sweet comment you left on my blog this week. You really made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how you combined such a lovely papers for your background. Great work! Thanks for playing with us at Pile it On. Keti (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is gorgeous; the sentiment is guaranteed to make the recipient feel incredibly special and deeply loved! Thank you for sharing your artistry in the Cupcake Inspirations "Shine Bright" challenge!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work on challenging yourself. I seem to always like my designs best when I really have to work for it, instead of having the supplies at hand. I am really adoring this design. And I am so digging how you incorporated the ‘Shine Bright’ theme this week. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh just love the colors! This is beautiful! So glad you were inspired to join Cupcake Inspirations Shine Bright challenge!
    Debbie, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.