Friday, September 2, 2016

Beautiful Autumn Colors

This is my second blog post today, and my third card using this super sweet new Pumpkin Patch stamp set from Papertrey Ink.  I'e been having so much fun creating with it.  My husband thinks the pumpkins look weird, and he really dislikes that I've been stamping them in orange and red.  But....what can I say?  I think they're cute.  As the saying goes, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".  Maybe they ARE weird.  What do I know?  LOL
I used some Simple Stories patterned papers from their Take A Hike collection.  I also incorporated a vintage ivory doily (from my hoarding stash because they're literally antiques from an antique store), I used a PTI border die, a length of Debra Natural Crochet Lace, Burnt Rust Seam Binding for my bow, a pearl accent sticker, a white Sweetheart Blossom, and a 30mm Green Mulberry Leaf.
I'm SO loving this sweet new stamp set.  I hope you will let me know what new items you're falling in love with and how you're using them in your crafting and card-making.  I love being inspired by you all.  Thanks so much for visiting me.

UPDATE:  There's a big LABOR DAY SALE taking place now at Really Reasonable Ribbon.  That makes today an even better day to stock up on ribbons, trims and more.

I'm linking my card here:
NBUS Challenge #7 - Darnell's sweet challenge.  This is my 3rd and final entry, and I'm so grateful for this FUN challenge.  My NBUS for this card includes my brand new Tim Holtz Distress Inks that I just ordered to use with this brand new stamp set.  I absolutely LOVE Tim Holtz inks.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - This week, Simon Says "Anything Goes"

Simply Create Too Challenge #117 - Fall Colors

Simon Says Stamp - Work It Wednesday - Stamptember....Stamp It! - I used stamps and ink to create my sweet pumpkin.

Be blessed,
Karen

3 comments:

  1. Oh you have been busy Karen - this is another wonderful autumn card - we are easing onto spring here and I have my first daffodil out :-)
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beautiful card - "weird pumpkin" and all! :) Actually I think the pumpkin is cute and I love the orange and red together! Adorable idea to use the hoop to frame it! Such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the rich fall colours on your fall card. Beautiful. Thank you so much for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.