Sunday, September 11, 2016

Sweet Memories

When I made this card, I immediately knew it was going to my niece, AudraAnna.  She is such a little princess, and she reminds me SO much of her Mama, my sweet sister Audra who away almost two years ago now from brain cancer.  Seeing Anna always makes me think of Audra, and that's always a good thing. She looks so much like her, except she has darker hair because daddy is Hispanic.  I always say she's the caliente (spicy) version of her Mama.  She sure does make me smile.  She and I talk about memories A LOT because she loves hearing stories about her Mama, and I like telling them.  So this sentiment of "Memories" is just perfect for her.
I used some Crate Paper products (patterned papers, stickers, wooden bow, ephemera bow), Gold Stickles, a Making Memories rub-on sentiment, machine stitching, inking, some teal baker's twine, and a pearl accent sticker.

I was inspired completely by the sketch for this week's challenge at Sketch Saturday when creating my card.  I like the crooked stripe, and how it breaks up the card a bit.  I think I will enter this challenge again and do the diagonal stripe differently just to push myself creatively a bit.  I need to "think outside the box" more, and that will help me.
Thanks so much for stopping by today, and please visit me again soon.

Blessings to you,
Karen

3 comments:

  1. Superbe interprétation Karen, biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Karen this is lovely - love the sketch you have followed and the wonderful result, I am sure AudraAnna will love it.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card. Love your stitching on it. Thanks for playing along with Sketch Saturday this week. Louise SS DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.