Saturday, December 3, 2016

Something So Different

Well, for those of you who stop by my blog with any regularity, you can attest to the fact that almost everything I create has ribbon on it.  It was a fun change to create this super sweet card trio using a line that, when I first won it, I thought I would never use.  I have now created several super cool cards with this Crate Paper line called Journey.  That's how it is with Crate Paper....their stuff is just SO super cute that you can't really go wrong when putting things together.
The first card in this set is the feather card.  I used some patterned papers, a wooden feather, two chipboard feathers, stickers, and gold stars from the Journey line.  I also included an October Afternoon sentiment sticker and a Prima ticket.  I inked the edges of my cards with Tim Holtz Distress Inks.

I also took a close-up photo of each card so that you can see these sweet chipboard elements and stickers up close.  I just love this sweet color combination with the teal blues and hot pinks.  This Journey line is definitely growing on me.
Let's take a look at the next card in this sweet trio.  I wanted to pull one card with the pinks, one with the teal, and one that combined the two color schemes together.  These cards are even more beautiful in real life.  And with the exception of the Trailer Card, I refrained from using any ribbons.
This card is so bright and fun!  I used a BINGO card from the sheet of journalling cards that came with this set, some of the stickers, strips cut from patterned papers. 3-D arrow stickers, sentiment sticker, chipboard luggage piece, and some vintage scotch tape.
All I can say is.....CUTENESS!!!!   Aren't these papers, stickers and chipboard pieces adorable?  This Journey line from Crate Paper is really becoming a lot of fun to work with, let me just say.  I don't know why I struggled so long before jumping in.  I will also admit that I was inspired (especially for the Feather Card) by Annabelle O'Malley.
I'm beyond tickled pink with these three sweet cards.  Being that we're in December, I don't know if I'll be able to find a whole lot of challenges where I can enter them, but I'm sure going to try.  These are the cards I felt inspired to create today, so I just went with it.
Thanks so much for stopping by today, sweet blog friends.  I would love to hear your thoughts on my retro looking cards.  I sure had a lot of fun creating them, and I hope you've enjoyed taking a peek at them.  Have a blessed day, everyone.

Karen



6 comments:

  1. Superbe Karen, même sans ruban...biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards Karen! I love all the different elements that draw the eye. They are fabulous even without your usual ribbons :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these vintage, retro cards you've created and I look forward to seeing more of them. They are really different for you, and I can't begin to tell you what a fabulous job you've done with them.
    Sierra

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all so wonderful Karen! I so wish I had your gift of layering when it comes to making cards. The luggage card is so fun and oh so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your cards are simply gorgeous! i love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three awesome cards. I love the papers, embellishments and color choices. Love them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.