Thursday, June 1, 2017

Paper Sweeties New June Challenge

Hurray!  Today is the first day of June, and it's time for a FUN new challenge at Paper Sweeties.  We have a fabulous inspiration photo to get your creativity flowing.  I had SO much fun with this one.  You can use the colors you see in the photo, some of the patterns, colors, the cherries, the doily, the embroidery (hand stitching), or whatever speaks to you.  Using Paper Sweeties products is not a requirement to play along in our challenges.  If you happen to have Paper Sweeties items, we'd sure LOVE to see you use them.  And if you don't have any Paper Sweeties products yet (and that would be sad), then this is a GREAT month to treat yourself to some.  They're SO cute, and you know you want some!
In looking at this inspiration photo, I was drawn to the red and white gingham/plaid; and I also incorporated some of the cherries, the doily, and the homespun retro feel this photo gave me.   I stamped Emma, colored her with my Copics, and then used my Emma Sweet Cuts to cut her out.  She's clothed in a cute pair of overalls from the I Pick You stamp set and Emma looks ready for cherry picking in her outfit.  The sentiment is also from the I Pick You stamp set.  The sentiment was then stamped onto a flag from the Sweet Cuts Sweet Borders set, which is a set I love and used a whole lot.
I placed a Sugar Sprinkles Sequin on each of the cherry clusters (one on the card, and one on the matching tag), and placed a tiny pearl accent sticker in the centers of these sweet flower-shaped Sequins. They're absolutely the most ADORABLE Sequins ever!
You will see that I whipped up a quick tag using the same patterned papers used on my card.  I wanted to be able to tuck the tag inside the card.  I love sending a matching tag with my cards when I think to do so.  Especially if it's going to a person who I know loves to read, and they can use the tag as a bookmark.  Paper Sweeties makes it so easy to create something adorable!
We hope that you will stop by the Paper Sweeties Challenge Blog often for lots of great inspiration, special promotions, and lots of fun.  We love having you stop by, and we especially love it when you treat yourself to some ADORABLE Paper Sweeties shopping, and we know that YOU will love it too!
Many times when I'm making a card, I like to make a matching tag to tuck inside so that it can be used as a bookmark, and that's what I did with this card.  I added Sugar Sprinkles Sequin to the tag, and a sentiment strip cut from a flag from the Sweet Cuts Sweet Borders set, and a sentiment from the Garden Time stamp set...all available at Paper Sweeties
Below you will find the complete list of all the Paper Sweeties Designers participating in today's Paper Sweeties Challenge Blog Hop fun.  I hope you enjoy their wonderful inspiration, and we really look forward to seeing your sweet creations in this month's challenge at Paper Sweeties.  Having YOU play along is such a treat for us.

Karen

P.S.  I'm linking up my project in these challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Anything Goes"

As You Like It Challenge Blog - Favorite Reason To Make Card (and Why) - My biggest reason for making cards is because it's FUN; but my favorite thing to do with them (and why I make them) is to be able to send them out to people to help brighten their day!

17 comments:

  1. These are FABULOUS! LOVING the cherries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card and matching tag! (I love the idea of tucking a tag in your card as a little gift/bookmark! Sweet idea!) Love the gingham paired with doilies on your lovely creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute card love the gingham ribbon, sorry I don't have any of the paper sweeties, at some point I would like to get a few of their things.

    God Bless
    hugs
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, this is amazing! I love how cute Emma looks in her overalls, and the cherries really pop right off the page! Really fun!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, great job, and Emma is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card and tag. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very cute. Love the gingham and polka dots. Love the little girls paper pieced overalls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, your card and tag are just adorable. What a sweet image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Karen what fun projects - these are both so gorgeous and my mouth is watering at the thought of cherries!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card. I love the paper pieced jumper she is wearing and the awesome sentiment. Great images and design. So creative and fun. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet card! Love the vintage feel and fabulous finishing touches! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweetheart of a card and love the matching tag too.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, Karen -- you had me with all those yummy polka dots and gingham! Emma looks adorable dressed in her overalls and be still my heart with all those delicious cherries and mixed patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely set, Thanks for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It,
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Karen, your project is absolutely darling!! Congrats on your win at As You Like It -- well deserved!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments. They mean so much to me.